PROFILE OF CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER (CSO)
Lt. Col. John Aboh (Rtd) was born on the 12th April, 1962 in Ayele-Loko in Loko development area; Nasarawa Local Government area of Nasarawa State.
He joined the service of the Nigerian Army on the 14th June,1981 as a member of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 30th regular combatant course. He retired from the Nigerian Army in 2007 at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel after twenty-six years of meritorious service.
In recognition of his brilliant performances in the Nigerian Army, he was a recipient of several medals and awards. They in include; Force Service Star (Fss), Meritorious Service Star (Mss) and Passed Staff Collage (Psc).
Colonel Aboh (Rtd) holds a B.Sc degree in policy studies and administration from University of Calabar. Additionally, he attended several courses and seminars.
He was employed as a Chief Security Officer (CSO) of Nasarwa State University, Keffi (NSUK) since October 2008 till date. He is also married with children.
History & Activities
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SECURITY UNIT
At the inception of the Nasarawa state University, Keffi in 2002, the security unit staff strength was forty-six (46) persons, comprising of two principal officers; the acting Chief security officer (CSO) and principal security officer (PSO) with eight (8) supervisors and thirty-six (36) operatives. This was inherited from the erstwhile collage of Arts and Science, Keffi
In 2008, the security unit was reorganized and sub-divided into four (4) departments under the leadership of the chief security officer and five principal staff as follows:
1. The Assistant Chief Security officer (ACSO) – Head of operations.
2. The Principal Security Officer (PSO) in charge of administration.
3. Senior Security Officer (SSO) in charge of intelligence
4. Security Officer (SO) in charge of Intelligence/Crime.
The other two security units at Pyanku and Lafia Campuses are headed by a Security Officer and a senior operative respectively.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES
1. The primary objective of the Security unit is to ensure safety of lives and properties of students and staff of the University.
2. Guide against social and cultural unrest through regular effective campus patrol.
3. To ensure strict compliance with the rules and regulations of the University.
4. Ensure a conducive atmosphere for learning by curbing breach of peace.
5. Investigating and settling cases and disputes between students and staff.
6. Maintaining and ensuring peace and stability by constantly reporting to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for appropriate action.
7. Liaison with the law enforcement agencies when the need arises.
Lt. Col. John Aboh (Rtd) CSO
Ibrahim A. Bawa ACSO
Davis Abuson PSO
Mohammed Angulu SSO
Abraham O. Osegede SO II
Inji Musa Peter SO II
Salihu Ramalan Patrol Sup.
Augustine Yusuf Patrol Sup.
Alexander Ombuguna Ass. Patrol Sup.
Iliya Usman Ass. Patrol Sup.
Umar Yusuf Ass. Patrol Sup.
Samuel Arago Ass. Patrol Sup.
Habila Ben Otsona Ass. Patrol Sup.
Umar S. Turai Ass. Patrol Sup.
Emmanuel Gyawo Ass. Patrol Sup.
Musa Efuna Snr. Patrol Man
Maiwada Ladan Snr. Patrol Man
Danuma Igo Snr. Patrol Man
Ezekiel John Snr. Patrol Man
Christopher Musa Snr. Patrol Man
Gloria Namo Snr. Patrol Woman
Rhoda Namo Snr. Patrol Woman
Ahmed Abdullahi Snr. Patrol Man
James Kulungu Patrol Man
Mallami Babre Patrol Man
Zebedee Egga Watchman
Ishaya Kwarkes Watchman
Adamu Mangai Watchman
Adamu Garba Watchman
Dahiru Musa Watchman
Adamu Makangiji Watchman
Sabo Yerima Watchman
Samuel Audu Watchman
Obadiah Angbashim Watchman
Stephen Thaddeous Watchman
Dan’Asade Agbo Watchman
Emmanuel Ekon Watchman
Omaku Emmanuel Watchman
Kaimu Yusuf Watchman
Micheal Huseni Watchman
John Amazi Watchman
Audu Mamman Watchman
Abubakar Mohammed Watchman
Ganbo Audu Watchman
Godiya Audu Watchman
Danladi Mandung Watchman
Usman Andakubi Watchman
Awwalu Ibrahim Watchman
Usman Ahmed Watchman