History & Activities
Brief History and main activities of the unit.
The unit was established in August, 2002 with two pioneer staff. The unit is responsible for the overall physical development of the university and specifically saddled with the following functions among others, viz;
- Provision of guidelines and standards for site selection and physical Master Plan of the University.
- Coordinating and monitoring of project execution of infrastructure and academic support facilities.
- Preparing budget for capital projects.
- Liaising with Academic Planning Unit for space requirement and projection for staff and student population.
- Preparing contract documents and invites tenders.
- Advising the University on the appointment of executive consultants and designers.
The unit is organized into five divisions, namely:
- Planning and Development Control Planning and Development Control
- Architectural Services
- Engineering Services
- Quantity Surveying
- Horticultural Services