AGRONOMY (CROP AND SOIL SCIENCE)
You are welcome to the Department of Agronomy (crop and soil science). We offer training and services in all aspects of Agronomy; Crop science, crop protection and soil science. The Department has a strong team of academic staff distinguished in their areas, with a strong research focus, contributing to knowledge development and innovation in Agriculture. It delivers high quality teaching and mentorship to all categories of her students from the undergraduate joint Degree Bachelor of Agriculture, offered in collaboration with sister Departments, to its Postgraduate Diploma, masters, and PhD. The Department prepares its students for careers in Agriculture with a global perspective, to compete anywhere in the globe. We serve our community by offering Agricultural advice and solutions that meet their needs. So whether you are a prospective student or partner or in need of Agronomic advice and guidance, you are welcome to the Department of Agronomy. Let us know how we can help.
- Bachelor of Agriculture (B. Agric.)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Agronomy, with options in (i) Crop Science (ii)soil fertility assessment and management, and (iii) Soil and Water Management.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Crop protection with Options in (i) Plant Pathology and (ii). Entomology.
- Masters (M. Sc.) Crop Science with options in Crop Physiology and Production, and (ii). Crop Genetics and Breeding.
- Masters (M. Sc.) Crop Protection with options in (i) Plant Pathology, and (ii) Entomology.
- Masters (M. Sc.) Soil Science with options in (i) soil fertility and Nutrition (ii) Pedology, and (jjj) Soil and Water Resource Management.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Crop Science with options in Crop Production, and (ii) Crop Genetics and Breeding.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Crop Protection with options in (i) Plant Pathology, and (ii) Entomology.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Soil Science with options in (i) Soil Fertility and Nutrition (ii) Pedology, and (jjj) Soil and Water Resource Management.
The Departmental Board is made up of all lecturers in the Department except Graduate Assistant with the Head of Department as the Chairman. The Departmental Board organizes and controls the teaching of all courses in the Department and the examination held in those courses.
|Head of Department (HOD)||Chairman|
|All Academic Staff (Except Graduate Assistant)||Member|
|1||Ajayi Folorunso Abiodun||Professoremail@example.com|
|2||Jayeoba Olumuyiwa James||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Haruna Ibrahim Muhammad||Professoremail@example.com|
|4||Ogara Isaac Maikasuwa||Associate Professor||Isaacjanet2002@nsuk.edu.ng|
|5||Ibrahim Abdullahi Jaji||Senior Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Amana Sani Mathew||Senior Lectureremail@example.com|
|7||Ogbe Victor Bameyi||Lecturer Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Abubakar Mukhtar Adamu||Lecturer IIemail@example.com|
|9||Sheidu Abdulazeez||Lecturer II||-------|
|10||Jibrin Isa Mangwa||Graduate Assistant||-------|
|11||Abubakar Umar Ibrahim||Graduate Assistant||-------|