The Department is one of the pioneer departments of the University. It was created to train students towards the award of B.Sc. in Political Science.
- Ph.D. Political Science (International Relations)
- Ph.D. Political Science (Political Economy And Development Studies)
- Ph.D. Political Science (Public Policy Analysis)
- M.Phil./Ph.D. Political Science
- M.Sc. Political Science (International Relations)
- M.Sc. Political Science (Political Economy And Development Studies)
- M.Sc. Political Science (Public Policy Analysis)
- Masters In International Relations And Diplomacy
- PGD Political Science (International Relations)
- PGD Political Science (Political Economy And Development Studies)
- PGD Political Science (Public Policy Analysis)
- B.Sc Political Science
The programme is designed to equip students with the skills, knowledge and methodology needed for in dept analysis of power and power relations among individual, group and organizations. The primary objectives of the programmes are:
- To produce proficient administrators and teachers of Government who possess sound knowledge of Political Science.
- To produce inspiring administrators and experts in government relations who not only possess confidence, skills and techniques necessary for the knowledge of political science but analyzing also possess the proper values and attitudes towards political events.
- To inculcate within the scope of the students’ training the necessary values, skills and techniques for effective and moral leadership.
- To produce the necessary training in citizenship and broaden the students’ sense and scope of participation in community as well as national affairs.
- To produce personnel who can foster the growth of international co-operation, co- existence and mutual assistance
The Departmental Board is made up of all lecturers in the Department except Graduate Assistant with the Head of Department as the Chairman. The Departmental Board organizes and controls the teaching of all courses in the Department and the examination held in those courses.
|Head of Department (HOD)||Chairman|
|All Academic Staff (Except Graduate Assistant)||Member|
|1||Abdullahi Adadu Yahaya||Professoremail@example.com|
|2||Abdullahi Mohammed Yamma||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Shuaibu A. Ibrahim||Professoremail@example.com|
|5||Liman Abdullahi Nuhu||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Aligba Eugene T.||Professoremail@example.com|
|7||Modibbo Sallau A.||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||George Genyi A.||Associate Professor||------|
|9||Erunke Canice Esidene||Senior Lectureremail@example.com|
|10||Mohammed Bello Babanumma||Senior Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Ruth Caleb Luka||Senior Lectureremail@example.com|
|12||Sunday Jacho David||Senior Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Hafsatu Dauda Kigbu||Lecturer Iemail@example.com|
|14||Atsiya Godiya Pius||Lecturer Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Umar Shuaibu Abdul||Lecturer I||------|
|16||Abdullahi Mohammed Abdul||Lecturer I||-----|
|17||Umar Philip Ajeh||Lecturer II||------|
|18||Saleh Amina Bala||Lecturer II||------|
|19||Musa Ibrahim Aliyu||Lecturer II||------|
|20||Ibrahim Aminu||Lecturer II||------|
|21||Yahaya Abubakar Sadiq||Lecturer II||------|
|22||Kana Abubakar Ebin||Assistant Lectureremail@example.com|
|23||Usman Gayam Gayam||Assistant Lecturer||------|
|24||Onuk Bulus Ojem||Assistant Lecturer||------|
|25||Waibe Ahmadu Ejim||Graduate Assistant||------|