Professor Zaynab Alkali, a Professor, African Literature & Creative Writing, Dean, Post Graduate School, Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
Positions Held : Dean, Faculty of Arts -2004 – 2005 NSU, Keffi, DVC Administration – 2005 – 2009, NSU, Keffi, Acting Vice Chancellor – 2006 NSU, Keffi.
Born, early fifties at Garkida, Gombi LGA, Adamawa State to parents of Borno State, went to Queen Elizabeth Secondary School, Ilorin, Kwara State, B.A, M.A, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Ph.D Bayero University, Kano, 1973, 1980, 1995 respectively.
Published six works, 4 novels, 2 books of short stories. Works translated into 3 languages, German, French, and Japanese.
Currently being translated into Arabic.
Editor, Magazine, Journals, 1995, 2001, 2003.
- (17) Public Lectures/Workshops Conferences and Commissioned Papers.
- (13) International Conferences Attended Between 1989 – 2009.
- (10) National Assignments.
Her Working Experience include:
- Coordinator, General Studies Programme, Modibbo Adama College, Yola, Adamawa State. 1984-1986.
- Director, General Studies Programme, University of Maiduguri. 1987.
- Associate Professor, Creative Writing, Bayero
- University Kano and University of Maiduguri. 1996-1998
- Administrative Secretary, Women’s Right Advancement and Protection Alternative (WRAPA). Founding Member. 1999.
- Deputy Director, Head of Resource Centre, (NPHCDA) National Primary Health Care Agency, Abuja. 2000-2003
- Professor, African Literature & Creative Writing.
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi. 2004 – 2009.
26 Awards Received Between 1985 – 2010, inclusive of Icon of Hope by Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Chieftaincy Title, Magiran Garkida.
Fellow Cambrige Seminar, U.K. 1997
Fellow Stiftung Kulfursfond, Germany. 1998
United Kingdom, United States, Brussels, Canada, Mexico, Switzerland, Holland, Germany, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Senegal, Niger.