First Degree Minimum Entry Requirements
Candidates offered admission should fulfill the minimum entry requirements stated against the facilities into which they are admitted. All candidates should present originals and submits two (2) photocopies of their certificates or result slips. Statements of results from schools are not acceptable. Similarly, birth certificates and state of origin and declaration of age are to be submitted.
General Entry Requirements
- Five relevant credits in SSCE, SC, GCE O/L or TC II Merits or equivalent obtained at not more than two sittings (TC Merits is equivelent to O/L Credit).
- Two A/L passes plus three O/L credits in other subjects, at not more than two sittings or three A/L passes plus two O/L credits in two other subjects at not sittings; two merits, two passes at TC II plus two NCE Merits passes, including a major subject and Education.
- National or NSUK Diploma with Merit or Lower Credit grade, including at least four O/L credits in SSCE/GCE or relevant.
- Transfer candidates into classified degree programmes should have minimum CGPA of 1.50 and 2.40 for non-classified programmes.
- A credit in English Language at SSCE, GCE O/L or equivalent
- Merit in English Language in TC II examination.
- A Pass in the HSC, A/L General Paper, English Literature, or NCE General English.
- Credit in IJMB English Language.
- A student who is admitted to a programme of studies for a first degree without initially fulfilling the University’s general requirement in English language should fulfill it before graduation.
- A credit in mathematics is required for all science, Social/Management Science-based courses, except where it is stated otherwise.
- Credit grade in IJMB Basic Mathematics.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- Applicant must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (compulsory) and three other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out in the JAMB brochure.
- Prior to sittings for the UTME, applicants should have attained the age of sixteen (16) years or will have done so no the first day of October of the year of entry into the University.
- For a candidate, who has attained the acceptable standard in the UTME to be registered for course in the University, he must, in addition, obtain one of the following qualificatons:
- SC/GCE/O/L or equivalent with credits in five subjects relevant to the proposed course of study, and obtained at not more than two sittings
- TC II merit passes in at least five subjects (subject to Univesity requirement).
Note that TC II is not accepted in some courses.
- For admission into Arts, Business Administration, Education (Arts),Law and Social Science courses, the five subjects must include English Language. Candidates applying for Agriculture, Management Science and other science-based courses must have credit in Mathematics. Note: A matriculated students of any University is not eligible to sit for the UTME. Those who, for economic reasons, are transferring from foreign universities could however write the examination.