The programme is designed to equip students with the skills, knowledge and methodology needed for in dept analysis of power and power relations among individual, group and organizations. The primary objectives of the programmes are:
- To produce proficient administrators and teachers of Government who possess sound knowledge of Political Science.
- To produce inspiring administrators and experts in government relations who not only possess confidence, skills and techniques necessary for the knowledge of political science but analyzing also possess the proper values and attitudes towards political events.
- To inculcate within the scope of the students’ training the necessary values, skills and techniques for effective and moral leadership.
- To produce the necessary training in citizenship and broaden the students’ sense and scope of participation in community as well as national affairs.
- To produce personnel who can foster the growth of international co-operation, co- existence and mutual assistance