The profile of Nasarawa State University, Keffi, has risen a notch higher with the award of the Most Peaceful State-Owned University in Nigeria in 2020 by the International Association of World Peace Advocates (A World-Class Organization with the United Nations).
The award which is coming on the sidelines of the commemoration and observance of the United Nations International Day of Education 2021 and celebrated for the first time in Nigeria and hosted by NSUK was presented to the Vice-Chancellor of the University by the President of International World Peace Advocates, Denmark, His Excellency Ambassador Per Stafsen at the Assembly Hall of the University on Friday, 29th January 2021.
On the parameters used by the association to choose NSUK for the prestigious award, Ambassador Stafsen said the University has one of the best ways of handling crises, and also because of the relative peace the University has enjoyed over time.
He further stated that the association will continue to partner with the University authority to promote the presence of United Nations activities in the school and from time to time will as well provide international platforms that will make the students to participate in various United Nations events anywhere in the world.
Other awardees are;
1. The Visitor to the University, His Excellency Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, who was ably represented by the Hon. Commissioner for Education, Hajia Fatu Sabo Jimeita.
2. The Chancellor to the University and Emir of Keffi, HRH Dr. Shehu Chindo Yamusa iii.
3. The Registrar of the University, Bala I. Ahmed II.
4. Professor Ahmed Modibbo, Former Executive Secretary UBEC.
5. Barrister John Shishi, Faculty of Law NSUK