The former CAST Dining Hall which was attached to the Library was re-structured and renovated to provide a befitting Library for the University. It is adequate and a new building may not be necessary for the next ten years or so. Money ear-marked for a new library building should therefore be applied to the purchase and building up the library collection.
The building is re-structured to provide room for:
- Administration i.e. University Librarian’s office.
- Workroom office and staff toilets.
- Media Services – Internet
- Serials Stack and Reading
- Circulation Services
- Reference Services
- Reserve and Special Loans
- Photocopy room
- Library Seminar/workshop room
- Toilets for both male and female readers
- The management has allocated N8m for constructing an extension to the library which will be designated as a reading room only. This should seat an additional 250-300 reader. The extension is near completion.