As the principal focus of information resources at the Nasarawa State University, it is the mission of the University libraries to advance the goals of the University by:
- Providing access to the information resources regardless of physical location.
- Collecting library materials in all formats to support course work, research and service.
- Preserving the collection for future research.
- Participating in a broad range of co-operative programmes to ensure access to materials not locally owned.
- Educating and assisting teaching staff, students and other staff in the identification and effective use of information resources.
- Exercising leadership, in cooperation with other campus units, in the management of scholarly information and utilization of information technology in the pursuit of academic goals.
The Nasarawa State University Libraries see a future where, keenly attuned to the distinctive needs of the academic community, they become an increasingly vital force in the University exercising leadership in identifying and acquiring information resources critical to Nasarawa State’s larger mission.
Employing professional expertise, interpersonal skills and appropriate technology, it provides un-complicated and swift access to needed resources regardless of location and assistance in their use.
To achieve this vision, it fosters an organizational setting that is open and involving , empowering and rewarding of talent, energizing and dynamic.