English Department[divider scroll_text=””][space height=”10″] Aims and Objectives of the B.A Degree in English & Literary Studies Department
The programme is designed to:
- Give students a good grounding and effective mastery of the English Language in its various applications to achieve adequate self-expression and self actualization in the English Language.
- To produce graduates who possess an informed literary stimulus.
- To equip such graduates with adequate knowledge of the full range of major land marks in English and African Literatures in all genres and periods.
- Adequately prepare the students for post-graduate studies in the English Language, Linguistics and / or Language teaching in Nigerian School and Colleges.
- Enable students to overcome certain deficiencies in their English without compromising standard.
- To impart a humanistic perspective to such graduates by acquainting them with literature as an expression of man’s spiritual essence.
LIST OF ACADEMIC STAFF
Head of Department: Associate Professor Umelo Ojinmah B.A, PhD
- Prof. Zaynab ALKALI. (B.A, M.A, PhD African Literature and Creative Writing).
- Associate Professor Umelo OJINMAH. (B.A, PhD. African, Commonwealth and Comparative Literatures).
- Associate Professor Lubasa NTI’NSEENDI. Language and Literature in Education.
- Dr. Amirikpa OYIGBENU. (B.A, M.A, PhD African / Oral Literature).
- Dr. Halima Buhari SEKULA. (B.A, M.A, PhD African Literature / Creative Writing).
- Mallam Al-Bishak MON. (B.A, M.A African / Oral Literature).
- Mallam Salisu RAJ. (B.A, M.A Semantics and Pragmatics)
- Mr. Adewole A. ALAGBE. (B.A, M.A Grammar / Phonology).
- Mr. Bdliya Idrisa Mohammed
- Dr. Terhemba SHIJA. (B.A, M.A, PhD African Literature).
- Dr. Mrs. Bridget MADU (B.A, M.A, PhD Socio-Linguistics)
- Ms. Joy AWOROH. (B.A, M.A Semantics)
- Mr. Daniel Mole PHILIP. (B.A, M.A African Literature).
- Mr. Stephen O. DAVID. (B.A, M.A Pragmatics / Psycholinguistics).
- Mallam Tanimu YUSUF. (B.A, M.A Sociolinguistics / Grammar).
- Mallam Auwal IBRAHIM. (B.A Applied Linguistics).