Campuses of the University
Nasarawa State University currently has three (3) campuses namely: Main Campus, Lafia Campus, Pyanku Campus and Gudi Campus
The Main Campus is the seat of Administration of the University and currently consists of the following Faculties:
- Faculty of Administration
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences
The Lafia Campus houses the Faculty of Agriculture
In the Pyanku campus, we have the School of Remedial Studies and Centre for Continuing Studies.
The University’s Symbol
The University Crest
Logo: The theme of the logo is the exploitation of natural resources of Nasarawa State through appropriate education for the betterment of the society.
Description of Logo: The logo of the University consists of a circle, maize, drilling machine, book and light.
- The circle symbolizes the Nigerian Nation in the global village setting where Nasarawa State is located;
- The Maize symbolizes the rich agricultural resources of the state, while the drilling machine stands for mining technology.
- The book stands for quest for knowledge by the people of the state
- The light depicts wisdom and knowledge in the lives of the people of the state.
Motto: The motto of the University is “Knowledge for development”. It is an indication of the resolve of the University to provide such knowledge that would lead to the social economic and technological development of the State and the country as a whole.
University Colours: The Nasarawa State University colours are:
- “Green” for Agriculture
- ‘Yellow’ for Solid Minerals
- “Blue” for Education
- “White” for Peace and Prosperity.
Colour Of Academic Outfit & Costume
- Visitor – Green
- Principal Officers:
Chancellor – Green
Pro-Chancellor – Green
Vice-Chancellor – Green
Registrar – Green
Librarian – Green
Bursar – Green
Colour of Undergraduate Academic Outfit
- Gown – Green
- Hood – Ocean Blue, Royal Purple, Navy, Blue. Black, Yellow, Wine Red and White
- Cap – Green
Colour of Higher & Honorary Degree Outfit
- Gown – Red
- Hood – Black, Navy Blue & Yellow
- Cap – Red
- Arts – Purple
- Social Sciences – Maroon
- Nat & Applied Sciences – Yellow
- Education – Navy Blue
- Administration – Blue
- Agriculture – Leaf green
- Law – Black
- Environmental Science – Emerald Green
NSUK we hail, we love thee
Our great citadel of learning
We call on God to help us to
Acquire knowledge for development.
As a mark of our love for Thee
We pledge to shun all
Forms of vice so that our
Institution can be a
Reference point in our nation.
All hail the vision of our founding fathers
To establish on solid minerals
A great University of note
To take our state to enviable heights
Nasarawa State University
P.M.B 1022, Keffi
|1||PROF. ADAMU D. BAIKIE||Pro-Chancellor/Chairman|
|2||PROF. SULEIMAN BALA MOHAMMED||Vice-Chancellor|
|3||PROF. OLAYEMI, AKINWUMI||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics)|
|4||PROF. IBRAHIM MUHAMMAD HARUNA||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)|
|5||HON.(DR.) SHUAIBU H. ABDULLAHI||Govt. Nominee|
|6||BARR. CHIEF MARKUS B. IDAKULA||Govt. Nominee|
|7||DR. SALIHU LEWON AHMAD ALIZAGA||Govt. Nominee|
|8||BARR. LABARAN SHUAIBU MAGAJI||Govt. Nominee|
|9||BARR. RAMATU A. LIMAN||Rep. of Congregation|
|10||PROF. THEOPHILUS D. LAGI||Rep. of Congregation|
|11||MAL. ISYAKU D. ABARI||Per. Secretary EduUCATION (Min. of Higher Educ)|
|12||DR. ABDUKAREEM KANA||Attorney General & Commissioner of Justice|
|13||PROF. SULEIMAN A. SALIHU ARUWA||Senate Rep.|
|14||PROF. MUHAMMAD SADIQ ABUBAKAR||Senate Rep.|
|15||PROF. NASIRU IDRIS MEDUGU||Senate Rep.|
|16||BALA I. AHMED II||Registrar/Secretary to Council|
|17||MR. MICHAEL WAKI||Bursar|
University Vision, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives, Values
“To be a world class Centre of excellence for the development of the individual and society”.
“To provide and promote qualitative, innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and research environment to enable individuals develop their full potentials for efficient, effective, dedicated and selfless service to the State, the Nation and Humanity”.
We stand for:
- Self-Discipline for actualization and positive contribution to the society.
- Integrity by holding members of the University community to the highest level of honesty, fairness, professional and scholarly ethics.
- Resourcefulness for focused contributions to the State and national growth and development.
- Quality for excellence by exacting standards, appreciating high aspirations and achievements and expecting all persons associated with the University to strive for excellence.
- Service to oneself, family, community, State, Nation and the world at large.
- Innovativeness and Creativity for high productivity.
Philosophy and Objectives
- To encourage and promote the advancement of learning and hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex, religious or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a University Education.
- To provide courses of instruction and other facilities and to make those facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such person as are equipped to benefit from them;
- To provide ready access for Nasarawa State indigenes to higher education
- To encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in all field of learning and human endeavour;
- To relate its courses to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nasarawa State; and
- To undertake any other courses appropriate for a University of the highest standard
Culture: In Nasarawa State University, Keffi, we have a CULTURE of:
Commitment to knowledge
Team work and Team Spirit
Utmost Good Faith
Respect for the Rule of Law
We dislike the following: