Entrepreneurship Studies[divider scroll_text=””][space height=”10″]
Profile of the Head of Department
Dr. Suleiman Akwu-Odo Salihu Aruwa is a Senior lecturer and founding Director of Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Nasarawa State Universality Keffi and Head, Department of Entrepreneurship Studies. He is the immediate past Head of Department of Accounting, Nasarawa State University Keffi, Nigeria. He is a Fellow of the Boston University Entrepreneurship Programme and European Entrepreneurship Educators Programme (3EP). He was a participant at the International Entrepreneurship Educators’ Conference (IEEC), Coventry UK. He received his Bachelor and Masters of Science degree in Accounting and Finance from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and PhD in Accounting and Finance from Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. He has authored several books on Entrepreneurship and twenty-nine refereed journal articles. He majors in entrepreneurial finance and strategy.
[quote align=”right” color=”#999999″] Our Mission
To be an internationally renowned institution of higher learning in Entrepreneurship education, research, innovation, publication and teaching by advancing knowledge, skills and learning of Entrepreneurship through value creation, wealth and job creation for economic development and growth.
The objectives of the B.Sc. Entrepreneurship programme are amongst others to:
- Prepare students for career opportunities by developing their academic capabilities to identify and exploit opportunities locally and globally.
- Prepare the students to create new enterprises, develop new businesses and expand existing industries.
- Offer students the opportunity to develop professional skills and capabilities from an integrated interdisciplinary perspective in a wide range of vocational areas.
- Equip students with the capability for rigorous, independent, critical, and self directed learning to grow new and existing ventures thereby regenerating economic growth and development.
- Produce a graduates with confidence and significant interpersonal leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Equip students with theoretical knowledge in the entrepreneurship discipline.
- Avail students of classical and modern knowledge and understanding of the best practices and thinking in entrepreneurship.
- Stimulate students’ interest in fostering productive culture in the larger society through teaching, advisory and consultancy services, mentoring and active engagements.
- Equip students with analytical skills in problem solving, negotiations, conflict resolution, marketing, leadership, interpersonal relations and financial management.
OUR CORE VALUES
We shall promote values that would be evident in our teaching, character and relationship with all stakeholders. These values are enshrined in ‘ENTREPRENEURSHIP’ :
[column col=”1/4″] Enterprise
[/column] [column col=”1/4″] Ethics
[/column] [column col=”1/4″] Novelty
[/column] [column col=”1/4″] Skills
For the Complete Handbook, click here.
Accounting Department[divider scroll_text=””] [space height=”10″]
Profile of the Head of Department
KIGHIR, Apedzan Emmanuel was born in 1959 at ADUDU in OBI LGA of Nasarawa State to the family of Mr and Mrs KIGHIR BEGHA of Mbakyum, via Koti Yough City, UTE Clan of Vandeikya LGA of BENUE STATE, Nigeria.
He obtained a B.Sc. degree in Pharmaceutical sciences from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. His quest for wide knowledge saw him delving into management sciences where he obtained a post graduate diploma in management (PGDM) from university of Jos, M.Sc. Accounting from university of Lagos and a PhD in Accounting and Finance from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He is also a Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA), An associate of Taxation institute (ACTI), Member of Nigerian Accounting Association (NAA), American Accounting Association (AAA), Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research Scotland(CSEAR) and a Knight of St Mulumba (KSM).
Dr KIGHIR, a seasoned financial and management consultant is a resource person to many organizations and has several publications in renowned Journals and years of teaching experience both at tertiary and professional levels.
He is a lecturer and current Head of Department of Accounting at Nasarawa State University Keffi via Abuja, Nigeria.
|Prof. K. Dandago, PhD||Professor||Undergraduate|
|Dr. I.M. Fodio, Ph.D., CNA||Senior Lecturer||Postgraduate|
Functional Responsibilities of Staff
|Prof. M.A. Mainoma||Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)|
|Dr. S.A.S. Aruwa||Head of Department, Faculty Postgraduate Board Representative & Managing Editor, Journal of Finance and Accounting Research (JOFAR).|
|Prof. G.N. Emecheta||Coordinator, PhD Accounting and Finance|
|Dr. E.A. Kighir||Coordinator, M.Sc. Accounting and Finance, Faculty Senate Representative.|
|Dr. Uche Uwaleke,||Asst. Coordinator M.Sc. Accounting and Finance & Coordinator Dept. Seminars Committee|
|Dr. P.A. Adejola||Coordinator, MIPSA|
|Mr. Ismaila Olotu||Departmental Exams Officer & Coordinator, Diploma in Accounting.|
|Mr. Zubairu M. Aza||Coordinator, Spill-Over|
|Mr. Iheonkhan S. Iyere||Coordinator, 400 Level|
|Mr. A.S. Alhassan||Asst. Coordinator, MIPSA, 300 Level Coordinator and Coordinator, Diploma in Banking & Finance|
|Mr. Hassan Musa||Coordinator, 200 Level & NUASA Adviser|
|Mr. Aliyu Baba Yusuf||100 Level Coordinator|
|Mrs. M.N, Nwala||Coordinator, Dept Research and Publications.|